The animals need your help!
We see them every week, stories of dogs, cats, horses and other animals injured or even killed at the hands of uncaring people. All too often, animal advocates and concerned citizens are outraged and want to help, but don’t know where to begin.
Oklahoma Alliance for Animals has begun work on an ambitious, long-range plan to address animal abuse and neglect. Beginning with communities in Northeast Oklahoma and ultimately spreading to counties across the state, OAA will offer resources, assistance and support to animal welfare and law enforcement organizations, as well as private citizens, in the fight to eliminate animal cruelty.
By raising funds for The Million Mutt March, OAA is able to help with the following:
- Temporarily care and house animals which have been subjected to animal cruelty and surrendered to OAA from law enforcement.
- Hold animals until they can legally be released or adopted.
- Provide medical treatment for the abused and neglected animals.
- Maintain a reward fund to post hefty rewards in hopes of someone providing information leading to the arrest and prosecution of the abuser(s)
- Provide “Free of charge” necropsies to law enforcement agencies in order for them to build a good case against the abuser(s)
- Provide partner rescue organizations and the general public with resources and information to help report animal cruelty and neglect.
How do I sign up?
(Individual and Team Level)
- 1st Place: Collect the most pledges for the 2015 “MILLION MUTT MARCH” and receive a table for eight (8) to the 2016 Fur Ball Gala, “The Great Catsby” and a prize (To be announced soon). This year’s top fundraiser will have their dog lead the 2015 MILLION MUTT MARCH and will receive a special medal and recognition at OAA’s Fur Ball in 2016.
- 2nd Place: Collect the second highest amount of pledges for the 2015 “MILLION MUTT MARCH” and receive a table for four (4) to the 2016 Fur Ball Gala, “The Great Catsby” and a prize. (To be announced soon)
- 3rd Place: Collect the third highest amount of pledges for the 2015 “MILLION MUTT MARCH” and receive two (2) tickets to the 2016 Fur Ball Gala, “The Great Catsby” and a prize. (To be announced soon)
A team is a group of 2-10 people who raise individual pledges for the walk that are then reflected in their group’s total. Team members walking with a dog must individually raise or donate $25.00 in order to be part of the team or event. A team is encouraged to raise a minimum of $100.00 in pledges.
This is an important issue for all of us. Please spread the word about the Million Mutt March to help us make Oklahoma a place where “There’s No Excuse for Animal Abuse.”