OAA is offering FREE DAPP dog vaccines for dogs in the north Tulsa community on Monday, December 20, 2021 from 1 – 4 p.m. at Chamberlain Park, 4940 N. Frankfort Ave., Tulsa. The DAPP vaccine helps prevent distemper and parvo.
Cases of distemper recently closed the Tulsa Animal Shelter, and have been seen in community dogs in this area. Distemper is highly contagious and can be fatal for unvaccinated dogs (of any age) and puppies. ALL dogs need to be vaccinated against distemper, regardless of age.
The vaccines will be distributed on a first come, first served basis. We have 400 vaccines to distribute at this event. No personal or pet information will be collected at this event.
DAPP is the ONLY vaccine/service being offered. There will be no cat vaccines offered at this time.
1. This is a drive-thru style event. Please stay in your car with your dog(s) and wait to be directed to a vaccine station. Walk-ups will be directed to a vaccine station.
2. Do NOT bring any dogs that are sick (i.e., diarrhea, vomiting, upper respiratory signs, like goopy eyes, drainage from nose.)
3. Do NOT bring any aggressive dogs that can’t be easily handled/vaccinated.
4. Bring your dog on a secure collar and leash.
5. Do NOT allow your dog to interact with other people’s dogs.
6. Do NOT bring any dogs younger than 6 weeks to be vaccinated. Puppies need 3 rounds of boosters of the DAPP vaccine at 3 weeks apart to be fully immunized and protected.
Thank you to Dr. Carolyn Cash with Alta Vista Animal Hospital, Tulsa SPCA and Tulsa Animal Welfare for helping staff this event.
*Depending on demand, OAA will schedule additional clinics.